Random Talk
  • Paco

November 6
    327 Reputation
    Still can't get to this forum a lot of times. With my decreasing interest in Stardust idols the result is that I am only very rarely here.

A few things I like at the moment.

Deeply in love with MIGMA SHELTER:

A little late (it is from 2016), but the first Tama Himeno solo album is great (the one from 2017 I haven't got):

and of course her two other releases as Boku to Joruju:

Love Minnanokodomo and Hamidasystem (which I was going to post here as well).

Ah, and the ep or mini album by ねうちゃん is very beautiful:

• ebizoriebizori

November 6
    2171 Reputation
    MiShel is a project of this year for me
    I like concept and releases of "........." (dots) very much, but they are not so good on lives

• Paco

November 6
    327 Reputation
    Yes, Migma Shelter is the project of the year.
    I really like ........., even I was a little bit "underwhelmed" by the last release (I liked the noise parts but the songs were a little bit shallow for me, but still good enough to stay interested).

YMM's "Talking Heads song" in a live version which works very well:

• ebizoriebizori

November 6
    2171 Reputation
    My favorite song of this year "Trinity Dive" by "........." from their last release, so I can't name them shallow)

• Paco

November 6
    327 Reputation
    ^that's okay, I just hoped for more. Shallow wasn't the right word maybe. Something was missing for me.

• ebizoriebizori

November 6
    2171 Reputation
    I'm admin of this community on VK (https://vk.com/club101188014)
    I don't think you can found there something new for yourself, but you can post something new for us, if you want. And you can do it in english, no problem with language.

• Paco

November 7
    327 Reputation
    Forgot yesterday:
    New Tentenko mini album is coming!

• Paco

November 9
    327 Reputation
    this is great:

;-)

• November 14
    15 Reputation
    vimoral said:

As a curiosity on Netflix (at least in Spain) there is a documentary called "Tokyo idols" that explains what this movement consists of and focuses on the career of the idol Rio Hiiragi. For my taste it focuses too much on the fans / wotas and makes too many references to the sexualization of the girls but still and so it is an interesting documentary.
    In the same documentary Hyadain appears as producer of the last single of Rio, one of the idol group that appears in the documentary makes a cover of "Hashire!"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6039532/

Thank you for sharing this. I watched it with great interest.

Of course, the whole concept is not very new. My first encounter with it goes back to Takeshi Kitano's Dolls, which is of 2002. One of the three novels in the movie deals with similar wota/idol relationship. This is apparently a modernization of Junichiro Tanizaki's short story, which was also made into a movie by Kaneto Shindo in 1972.

• vimoralvimoral

November 15
    1225 Reputation
    ^I'm glad that has interested to someone hehe
    Thank you very much for the info, i didn't know this movies.

• Paco

November 15
    327 Reputation
    I've seen the BBC version of this documentary, didn't like it much. - - - Dolls -> Kitanos last really good movie in my opinion. Tanizaki -> highly underrated in the "west".

Speaking about obsessions: I am obsessed since sunday with 眉村ちあき.