[Album] 5th Momoiro Clover Z
  • August 2018
    4118 Reputation
    I definitely like the video more than the song :)

• August 2018
    42 Reputation

minee said:

I get a really strong "Stranger Things" vibe from it. Idk if anyone else has seen the show, but that's the first thing that popped into my brain.

Yeah, that was the first thing that popped into my mind as well when I saw the photos of the kids on Momoclo's PR account yesterday. I guess she's some kind of alien, since there's a UFO visible in the top right hand corner of the cover photo for the single. I wonder if that's gonna tie in with the rest of the songs, and if we're getting music videos for them as well.

If that Marvel-clo promo is any indication, they’re gonna try and make a whole universe out of the videos, which is so Momoclo.

• August 2018
    152 Reputation
    A version of Re:Story MV, where we actually get to see a bit more of Momoclo:

Am I the only one disturbed that this "LIVE" version comes with an obvious studio track?

• MM305

September 2018
    609 Reputation
    Anyone know when the next single for September will be released?

• manumczmanumcz

September 2018
    18 Reputation
    MM305 said:

Anyone know when the next single for September will be released?

As far as i know, it will be released the next sunday/16 in the Kishidan Banpaku 2018 and also seems that it will has a MV :)

• September 2018
    429 Reputation
    Was that information posted anywhere? It sounds reasonable, but I just haven't seen it anywhere :)

• manumczmanumcz

September 2018
    18 Reputation

Was that information posted anywhere? It sounds reasonable, but I just haven't seen it anywhere :)

There's no information about that in the official page, but I found the information in this fanpage:
    http://momoclozamurai.xxxblog.jp/archives/52435295.html
    Most of the things that they post became true so we have to wait and see :D

• September 2018
    429 Reputation
    The new song is out today, and is titled Anta Tobashisugi! And so Momoclo enters punk territory. I can see this song dividing the fans, more so than their last few songs.
    Teaser video:

• MM305

September 2018
    609 Reputation
    That's Momoclo for you: Experimenting with new genres/styles, to the point where it can become rather jarring.

I think it worked well here.

• ebizoriebizori

September 2018
    2687 Reputation
    To be honest, I have not yet heard anything to annoy or somehow totally can divide the fans. They entered the field where dozens of other idol groups are already (BISH, BiS and so on), but from this passage it seems that they did it rather peculiarly. I'm afraid it's a hit

• minee

September 2018
    76 Reputation
    I would like to hear the full version before giving my opinion, but I'm glad they did this. I was thinking it would suit their voices, especially Kanako's, to sing a song like this. I'm hyped to see it live!

• vimoralvimoral

September 2018
    2466 Reputation
    The preview sounds very well :)

• ebizoriebizori

September 2018
    2687 Reputation
    Heh, so this is a cover to GARLICBOYS's song (some strange for main single song I think)

• September 2018
    429 Reputation
    It doesn't seem to be a straight-up cover, because they've changed the lyrics to be about the members. They all get a verse each. Its like a new, punk version of Morifu Dayo. It seems more like a ROCK THE BOAT situation where they've taken the instrumental of a song and made their own lyrics (although this keeps some part of the original lyrics).

The song can be purchased in full here: https://ototoy.jp/find/?q=ももいろクローバーZ &search=検索

• September 2018
    434 Reputation

• September 2018
    4118 Reputation
    Momoclo certainly did change their styles and appearances over the years, the word experimental however I would not associate with them
    Ebichu's a bit more experimental, and not speaking of Yurumerumo, BiS(H) and others of course.
    So this is a pleasant (and sorely needed) surprise :)

• September 2018
    434 Reputation

• September 2018
    434 Reputation

• September 2018
    4118 Reputation
    I don't question Momoclo's achievements towards being extremely inventive and unconventional and bringing idoldom towards the world outside the wota culture, but we were talking musically here
    And musically Momoclo has always been diversified but not experimental

And in my opinion BiS is the unit (in exactly those years) that widened the strikezone more than anyone else
    But that certainly doesn't diminish Momoclo's importance at all.
    Otherwise I wouldn't have been a fan for that long :-)

• September 2018
    434 Reputation